Promoting Brazilian art in the United States.
Promoting writers and artists.
Raising the general public awareness of Brazilian cultural production.
Promoting exchange and partnership with other institutions.
On December 4, 2004 an association of various UBENY (Brazilian Writers Association of New York) members founded the Brazilian Endowment for the Arts (BEA). >> read more
Founded in 2004, the Brazilian Endowment for the Arts (BEA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation located in Manhattan and dedicated to the advancement ... >> read more
Domício Coutinho, the founder of the Union of Brazilian Writers Association of New York (UBENY) and the Brazilian Endowment for the Arts (BEA)... >> read more
The Brazilian Endowment for the Arts' founders and Advisory Board... >> read more
The Brazilian Library meets the intellectual needs and artistic aspirations of Brazilians and Brazilianists located in New York... >> read more
Founded in 2004, the Brazilian Endowment for the Arts (BEA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation located in Manhattan and dedicated to the advancement of Brazilian arts and literature in the United States.
Through the work of its founders and a long list of supporters, writers, artists and staff, BEA fulfills its mission by:
– Hosting and organizing symposiums, lectures, readings, exhibitions, workshops, film festivals, musical and theatrical performances for the Brazilian community in New York and the tri-state area.
– Supporting both upcoming and established artists and intellectuals of paramount quality.
– Maintaining the Brazilian Library of New York. Presently, the Library has a catalog of over 6,000 titles in Portuguese that are available to the institution’s members and general public. It is the only library of its kind in the United States.
– Significant contemporary Brazilian art and literature is being produced outside of Brazil.
– Government support, which is plentiful for artist and writers that reside in Brazil, does not reach these expatriates.
– Expatriate Brazilian artists and writers should be able to obtain equal access to resources as their compatriots in Brazil.
The professionals and presentations endorsed by BEA, in addition to the vast collection of its Library, reflect the vitality, richness and relevance of Brazilian literature, arts and intellectual production.
– Promoting Brazilian art, literature, cultural traditions, intellectual endeavors and productions in the United States.
– Supporting writers, academics, artists, dramatists, musicians, filmmakers, both local and residing in Brazil, showing what aspects of their work portray Brazilian roots and traditions.
– Raising the general public awareness of Brazil, through programs that showcase the diversity and richness of Brazilian artistic and intellectual productions.
– Promoting exchange and establishing partnerships with artistic and educational institutions, as well as non-governmental and governmental institutions.
Learn about BEA Membership benefits.
Brazilian Endowment for the Arts – BEA
240 East 52nd Street
New York, NY 10022
Mon-Fri: 10:00am – 5:00pm
© Brazilian Endowment for the Arts, 2014. All rights reserved. Web Design by Ostrich, New York.